Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Want to Get My PhD in Memetics


Of course, I would be one of the last people to participate in this meme. It could be a mix between the sporadicity (somehow, this is a word, I Googled it, and Google don't lie) of my posts and my terrible, terrible short-term memory, but I'm just getting around to this now. The only "tag" I saw was in Rhidach's post, and I figured that was enough. Meh.


1. What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Ok, when I said I have terrible, terrible short-term memory, I guess that also applies to my long-term memory. Let's see here, what the hell was 2009 all about...

Oh! I started raiding somewhat seriously. I joined a progression of raiding guilds (Google It, iRaid, Cynosure, and now Eradication) on my paladin, although I started out on my shaman.

I also started this blog, and I've never really written anything for others to read on a semi-regular basis, so I'm proud of myself for still pluggin' away. (Big thanks to everyone who stops by and boosts my self-esteem with comments and view numbers!)

2. What was your favorite new place that you visited?

Ulduar hands down. I still remember the first time I ran that place, it was fuckin' magical.

3. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

The free time to raid throughout the year. Seriously, that sucked. Also, I'd like to have my frost mage leveled to 80 and transferred sometime soon.

4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

In terms of WoW achievements, probably downing Yogg after what seemed like the longest wait in the world to get into a group that could do it.

Outside of WoW, applying to grad schools and being one semester closer to graduation is nice. I'd like 25 achievement points for that, Blizzard, let's get to work.

5. What was your biggest failure?

Transferring to Aerie Peak to raid, then having to quit, then coming back when I thought I finally had the time and discovering that the entire guild transferred off. I wasn't all that mad when it happened, but now that I recap it... WOW.




6. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Getting my mace. I remember doing 2s with my priest friend and I would be on a roller coaster of emotion with each win and loss, because my eyes were on the prize the whole time. Admittedly, I ALMOST got the sword, but I got talked into the mace. Glad I made that choice.


7. What do you wish you’d done less of?

I wish I had done less leveling-my-worthless-warrior. Seriously, it's 80 now and is still dual-wielding a Titansteel and that axe from Halls of Lightning. That's back when fury was good for the masses, not just ridiculously geared raiding warriors.


8. What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?

Too many. I won't pick a favorite either, because that'd be picking favorites. Instead, I can provide you with a list of my top five:

The rant-filled I Like Bubbles,
The delightfully number crunchy and prot-ish Avenging Wrathy and Righteous Defense,
The one part Bertrand Russell, two parts Jeff Goldblum Critical QQ,
And the Pinky and the Brain over at Forbearance (no comment on who's who).

9. Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009. 

Out of everything that has happened this year, I'd say the most valuable thing I've learned is that you can't, I repeat, CANNOT tank as a snowman.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. I wish you happy new year and lots of epic loots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, although now I feel challenged to tanking a heroic as a snowman.

    Merry Christmas, man. Best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete