Friday, November 20, 2009

The Battle

Lately I've been leveling a mage, since leveling is something that I can do on my own time and whatnot, and I've always wanted to play something that's almost the exact opposite of a paladin (I'm sure warlocks would make a better antithesis but they always struck me as wanna-be mages anyway).

I use leveling guides to get through old world content because, honestly, it's so confusing where to go and when. I was on the part of the guide where it told me to go kill some creatures in the southern Badlands, so I jump on my armored elephant (I wish I was exalted with a different city, I hate riding those things) and stroll down to the area. I start decimating all in my path, wave after wave of bad guys falling beneath my tender, cloth-covered feet, and I see it.




















Anathemus, a behemoth of stone and what looks like grass, sporting a whopping 8.3k HP, looking down on me as if I were some bug in a dress.

The beast threatened to stomp my face in if not dealt with, so I proposed to the local Council of Magi that he had WMDs on his back and, after some intense discussion over whether to show my helm or not, I was given permission to go in and "take care of business." Declaring it a suicide mission, the council refused to give me back up. I told them to "talk to the hoof" and teleported away.

I return to the beast, just out of Frostbolt range, and prepare for an epic battle.

Evocation up? Check.

Potions? Check.

Mana Gem conjured? Check.

Cold Snap and Icy Veins off cooldown? Check.

I was ready to rock and roll.

Spells as cold as Northrend itself shot from my hands as quickly as I could summon them. The beast, slowed by the chill of my onslaught, lumbered towards me. I let forth a blast of glacial energy, freezing the beast in his place, then teleported away a safe distance and continued my volley.

Soon, the beast was on the threshold of death, but still on a vengeful march forward. I unleashed a blast of flame with my mind, killing him, bringing his earthen body to the ground with a large crash. Nearly out of mana and out of breath, I stood triumphant over his body and flexed:





















After getting a mediocre reward from killing something that had nearly 8 times as much health as I did, I went to Wowhead to check his loot table. That's when I saw this comment left by Clashen, and my victory seemed for naught:

"Not immune to Frostbolt, Frostnova or Cone of Cold, very easy for a mage to take down."

Whatever, Clashen, just whatever.

1 comment:

  1. lololol

    Nice, but why do you have to throw around fighting words?

    "...they always struck me as wanna-be mages anyway"

    ReplyDelete